Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 MLS Cup Playoffs - Picks & Predictions

As the MLS Playoffs begin, Portland is embracing their first postseason 


With the Knockout Round Matches today and tomorrow, I wanted to revisit my preseason predictions and prognosticate the journey to the 2013 MLS Cup.

Revisiting the Predictions

I am pleased to report when revisiting A MLS Lifer Looks Forward I picked eight of the ten clubs in the playoff field:
  • In the East, I only missed on New England as I had expected Chicago to complete the final five
  • In the West, I only missed on Colorado as I had picked San Jose to make the final group
There is quite a bit of talent on the outside looking in as this was an amazing campaign for the fans leading up to the very last match of the season.


Predicting the Post Season

Before the season I had predicted that Los Angeles would win over Kansas City. As I complete my bracket I see a different final:

From the East - New England
Montreal beats Houston and loses to New York as New England surprises Kansas City as well as New York to get to the final

From the West - Portland
Seattle beats Colorado and loses to Portland as the Timbers defeat Salt Lake to take the West.

For the Final - Portland Timbers
My pick is 2-0 Portland at home on December 7th - There's something special about this year's team.  I may be biased as a proud member of the Timbers Army but it's hard to see it anyway else.

Enjoy the matches!

-30-











No comments:

Post a Comment